[access-uk] Re: Holux

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:44:37 +0000

I considered Wayfinder as I also liked the idea of having it on my
mobile but I eventually went for Trekker.  Wayfinder is cheaper which
is great but I am on 3 Pay As You Go so never tried the demo.  I got
the impression Wayfinder wouldn't describe things as Trekker does and
I wanted the most detail possible.  Also I've never been a big
explorer off routes I didn't know so wanted something with the blind
in mind and I didn't want to have to download maps as I went.

In particular I liked the idea of free mode for when you go off a
mapped road so you have access to a point of interest in degrees and
feet.  As far as carrying it goes its winter now and I put the PDA in
my inside pocket, my receivers not too big and can go in any old
pocket really and I clip the speaker to my collor.  Will be
interesting in summer though as I don't really want it on show and
there not cheap.