[access-uk] Re: Hims Sense note-takers upgrade

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:04:40 +0100

Hi John and all following this thread,

Through sheer determination and bloody-mindedness, and because I simply
refuse to be beaten when something so straightforward can be achieved, I am
hopeful.   I decided to perform a hard reset by pressing the forward button
on the front panel, and while holding it, pressing the reset button.  Once
the machine came alive again, I inserted a USB pen containing the three
files which I had already downloaded and extracted from their zip folder.  I
shoved the pen in, chose to upgrade offline, and ... Well ... I am hopeful
that it is sitting beside me updating as the display is giving me a good
percentage now.

I would just like to say that as I have the BrailleSense, and like taking
notes and using its Braille facility with Kindle etc, I might just as well
keep it and take advantage of any updates that do come our way.  I do think
it would be helpful if whoever sells this kit could notify customers or post
to these lists that there are updates available.  And I do fully agree with
you that HumanWare's Braille support is very good, and why there are
probably more Apex and BrailleNote users out there than those using
BrailleSense.

Well, I have cracked it, at last! Phew!!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace