[access-uk] Re: Having phones unlocked

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:33:09 +0100

Hi Mandy.

If your phone is locked to a specific network and you are using that network for your calls and texts etc, it might be worth your while talking to them in the first instance to see if they can unlock your phone for you for a nominal fee or free of charge depending on the network. If you are unsuccessful with the network, there are a variety of services both online and instore who will unlock your phone for you, but it depends on the phone model as some handsets use different locking mechanisms. For instance, some handsets use BB5 locking which can only be removed by cable and software, others can be unlocked by entering a serial number style sequence whilst others are network locked and can only be unlocked by the network.

All the best and I hope this helps you sum. I'll be replying to your other message shortly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mandy Palmer" <Mandy.Palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>