[access-uk] Re: Google closing down

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 14:19:49 +0100

Nope, it's just a personalised page with a search box.
Immediately to the left of the igoogle closing announcement is a link
called "What is igoogle". http://goo.gl/IPL6l

Clicking that leads to the following page:

What is iGoogle?
iGoogle is a customizable homepage

iGoogle lets you create a personalized homepage that contains a Google
search box at the top, and your choice of any number of gadgets below.
Gadgets come in lots of different forms and provide access to
activities and information from all across the web, without ever
having to leave your iGoogle page. Here are some things you can do
with gadgets:

View your latest Gmail messages
Read headlines from Google News and other top news sources
Check out weather forecasts, stock quotes, and movie showtimes
Store bookmarks for quick access to your favorite sites from any computer
Design your own gadget.