[access-uk] Getting your head around the cheap rate phone call business

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:24:50 -0000

I don't know about anyone else here, but my head spins when I try to understand
the seemingly endless opportunities to save money on phone calls.  I've come
across two interesting sites that a few of you might care to look at.

The first is of general interest and gives, for me, a good overview of the
various methods and carriers when using VOIP and computer or hardware options.
This article is at - and sorry for the long link:

http://www.vnunet.com/computeractive/features/2146581/cheap-online-calls-cheap-talk

The second site to catch my interest was prompted by a message to TAFN earlier
today about cheap landline to mobile calls and it seems to involve a
complicated process whereby you use a carrier based in another country to call
a UK line, and actually involves using the UK International code as part of the
process.  See if you can understand it by going to:

http://www.cleverates.com/index.php

Well, at least that link is more managable!

Any comments on-list or to me personally welcome.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx