[access-uk] Re: Fatal Error sorted out

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:03:18 -0000

Hi Debbie,

I think I'd be inclined to see if your friend can help locate some CPU
temperature monitoring software to establish if the CPU is in fact
overheating.

Also, if you are able to check the event logs for the time of a
failure, you might get some clues there.

I have seen systems begin to overheat when something like Windows
Defender's scanning process kicks in, especially if you are running
other applications at the same time.  I usually tell mine to scan
overnight.

George.