[access-uk] Re: Exceeding usb hub port

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:44:06 -0000

Hi Martin,

I don't quite understand what you've said.  I'll quote what I need clarifying.

  >I think maybe the pc is protecting your pen drive.  the usb ports on the
keyboard are only meant for low >power aps such as mp3 players etc.

  Does this mean that mp3 players are low power aps and pen drives and memory
card readers are high powered?  I don't know much about all this as you can
tell.

  >your drives is a high powerr item, and needs direct feed, rather than the
third party feed from your >keyboard.

  Oh, i didn't understand that but, now I'm getting it.  So, pen drives and mem
card readers normally don't like third party hubs?  Where as low power things
do?

  I'd love to do a google search to learn more about this but, hmmm... what do
I put in the search term.

  Unless anyone posts on computer tech forums and can recommend a good one for
me to look at?

  Thanks for your help martin.  it's starting to make sense.

  Justin