[access-uk] Re: Do graphics cards on laptop pack up?

  • From: "Adrien" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:51:21 +0200

Hi

Ok no you are not sounding like an idiot, I have just
brought the netbook. I'll shop around for the parts before I
make any decisions but you can generally get them cheaper
from the states. I brought a battery for my mum's laptop
last year which was half the cost of buying one in the UK.
My mum has always been very good with electronics, she used
to work for ITT and she used to build circuit boards so if
anything goes wrong she can generally fix it. But you are
right, I am not going to spend too much money on a new part
or two but if it is what some one has said the inverter at
the bottom of the screen then I am quite prepared to spend
what ever it cost as surely it'll be cheaper than getting a
new laptop. If it was the graphics card which I thought it
may be, then I would assume it is built into the mother
board so I'd have no choice other than to replace the whole
laptop. As for being able to run modern software, I have
never had a problem yet, it has 768 mb ram, 2.8 gb processor
and ok the hard drive is only 40 gb but its sufficient.

Regards

Adrien

You can get me off list at:
adriencollins06@xxxxxxx
or
adrien_collins@xxxxxxxxxxx
Or
adrien.collins@xxxxxxxxx

program for
the visually impaired, find out more by downloading the
software from:
http://www.a-technic.net/speakon.htm
e-mail to:
speakon-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx