[access-uk] Re: Do graphics cards on laptop pack up?

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:36:17 +0100

Hi Adrian.

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but if your laptop is so old and you are having problems with it, wouldn't it be easier and in the long run cheaper to buy a new one? The reason I say this is that even if you could get the components such as a new switch and presuming that it is a manually operated one as apposed to a magnetic lid switch, the cost of the components and the skills required to replace them unless your mum is a skilled service technician far outway the practicalities of buying a new machine.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you should be considering the purchase of a new or refurbished laptop rather than throwing good money at a machine that is so old it probably couldn't run the latest software anyway.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrien" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>