[access-uk] Re: Colorino

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:44:56 +0000

I bought my Colorino from Computer Room Services for £70. I also have a Cobolt model so can't help comparing it to that. I find it pocket sized which is something I wanted and it has a wider range of colour names in its memory. Although I can see light, I like the idea of it making different noises for Real and Artificial light. When you press the bottom button and hold it, the pitch gets higher the brighter the light gets and the noise is slightly different depending on the kind of light your pointing at. I've only had it 4 days but like what I've seen so far.

At 11:17 18/03/2008, you wrote:
Hi Doreen

I no longer have the Emails relating to the Colorino. Effectively, however, it is a small hand-held device that identifies colours, and also contains a light probe. Of the detectors I have used, I really like the Colorino. If my memory serves me correctly, it costs round about £80, and can be bought from Computer Room Services as Steve Nutt is a Caretec dealer. Some have also bought it from
<http://www.ic-online.co.uk/>http://www.ic-online.co.uk/

I hope this info is of help.

Jackie

Email: <mailto:cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>cairnsplace@xxxxxxx