[access-uk] Re: How to run the e-speak program?

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:05:44 +0200

Hi Adrian,
I don't exactly remember, but if you mean the Windows Espeak, you shouldn't have any problems, at least not with JAWS. I can't remember exactly if it's a .zip file or a .exe file you download, but if it's the .zip, you just unzip it, which then just gives you the .exe file. Then you just run that and click next everytime, like any other program you install. Then you probably should restart, choose Sappi 5 with JAWS, but to get to the Espeak voices, you must then, after choosing Sappi 5, there are all your Sappi 5 voices under the Voices menue in JAWS, so you're basically changing sappi synthesizers by changing voices from the voice menue.
I probably sound a bit confusing, but you can email me if you have problems.
Ari