[access-uk] Changing to BT

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:03:10 +0100

Hi all,

With BT's seemingly good deal at present, we're thinking of changing, but I have a couple of questions.

First, what does free WiFi really mean when out and about? Does it mean you have to go looking for somewhere that supports the hotspots BT is signed up to, or does it really mean that you have a dongle (or something) and can wirelessly use BT anywhere yourself? Please could someone explain exactly what this is.

In addition, do the free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers mean any time, or is this really only in evenings and weekends when such calls appear to be free? The blurb was a bit hard to understand at that point.

Finally, if any have experience of Cable and BT, am I jumping from frying pan (which at present isn't very hot on my list) to fire (which could be even worse)? Is their claim of "up to 20 mb download speed still very patchy?

Thanks for any help on this.

--
Carol P