[access-uk] Re: Braille Scrabble

  • From: "Eleanor Martha Burke" <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:00:47 +0100

Would really love to know from RNIB who they got to test the Braille Scrabble
board before they put it out on sale. I would like to ask thoses testers about
how they managed the following:

1. tiles staying in position.
2 reading the tiles while holding them on the stand provided.
3 when there was a build-up of words on the board how they managed to explore
the words there without moving any of the tiles
4 why such a deep board is required, must be at least 2 inches high.
5 why there is just such a small ball for rotating the board and why the
rotating board was not tested on say a table which has a protective cloth on it.
6 Why the pale blue colour which a sighted user is familiar with was changed to
a white.

I think this is enough for starters but guess I won't get any answers to these
questions from RNIB. If anyone knows who I can address my questions to
directly I would be happy to do so and provide feedback on the answers given to
me.

Eleanor