[access-uk] Re: Braille Scrabble

  • From: "Eleanor Martha Burke" <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:53:24 +0100

That is interesting Mike that you attribute the board design to the manufacturers, now it would be great if someone from RNIB could comment on this. Like I said also for the sighted player the pale blue squares were white and she initially found that off putting but got used to it. I think you have the one with the big half sphere on the bottom for rotating the board. This one is amazing, for rotating the little ball is the size of a tiny balbearing, about the size of a single Braille dot! and sufficiently projecting down through an opening which then has the board raised fractionally off the table to rotate. I can only describe the board itself like the lid of a box turned up side down so why there is a need for it to be raised 2 - 3 inches off the table I am not sure, obviously something to do with the mechanics of rotating it.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Ray" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>