[access-uk] Re: Barry, re: clearing history.

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 00:18:06 +0100

Hi Christine,

I believe the other Barry is going to post a walkthrough for the program
itself, so I'll not duplicate the use of it.  However, to download the setup
for C Cleaner do the following.

1.        Open your Web Browser.

2.        Go to the address bar and type or copy and paste the following
address.

3.       http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

4.       Click on Download from Piriform.com.

5.       The page will load and you'll most likely hear a low tone.  This
means that Internet Explorer has blocked the site from downloading files as
a security safeguard.  As this is a legit site it's OK to allow the setup to
download.

6.       So you'll want to press alt n, to access the information bar of
Internet Explorer.  Once you are in this Information Bar area you can hit
Spacebar to open it's  menu..

7.         Cursor down to Download File and press return.

8.     A File Download Dialog Box will pop up.  This is just IE asking you
What you wish to do with this file.  Select Save and press return.

NB.  You can of course change the location of your downloaded file if you
wish.  It will most likely by default land either in you're my Documents or
on your Desktop.

Chris's walkthrough will most likely include an Installation walkthrough if
you're not comfortable with that.  If it doesn't shout back and either
myself or one of the others will be happy to do you a step-by-step guide.

Take care,

Barry.