[access-uk] Re: Audio Links on Web Pages

  • From: "simon.dowling" <simodowl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:19:49 +0100

hi if you go in to the explorer bar in the view menu, if media is selected,
deselect it by pressing enter on it.
also like Douglas has said, in ie, under the multi media settings on the
advanced page, make sure that don't display online media content in the media
bar this needs to be on.
hth
  From: "Douglas Harrison" Subject: [access-uk] Re: Audio Links on
  Web Pages

  Mel,
  As I have not noticed a reply from one of the experts, may I make
  couple of suggestions. I had a similar problem a long time ago,
  but
  cannot remember exactly how I dealt with it.

  1. In IE Tools menu - Internet Options - Advanced page there is
  an
  item "Do not play on line media content in the media bar" - that
  should
  be On.

  2. Again in IE6, View menu - Explorer bar press Enter of Media
  Bar.
  Tab into the second panel and you  should find an Options button
  which takes you to a menu in which one of  the items is Settings.
  Experiment with the items concerned with playing in the media bar
  see if you can stop the behaviour you don't want.

  Sorry that the above is a bit vague - perhaps someone else can
  give
  more precise instructions, but I suspect that is where the
  problem
  arises.

  Douglas

  On 1 Oct 2004 at 12:27, Mel Spooner wrote:

   Hi All,

   Windows XP home with service pack 2, IE6.  A while ago I had a
  window
   come
   up whilst playing some audio which would normally open up
  Windows Media
   player.  The message asked me if I wanted to play the audio from
  within
   the web page or something along those lines.  I stupidly said
  yes and
   since then, I don't get audio which would normally use Media
  Player.  I
   hoped that upgrading to service pack 2 might solve the problem
  but it
   hasn't.  Someone on this list a while ago suggested that I
  checked the
   settings in Media Player, which I did, but nothing seemed very
  relevant.

   Can anyone shed any light on this?

   Thanks

   Mel