[access-uk] Re: Apology

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aedanomeara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:04:11 +0100

Hi Peter,
Can you describe these trails in detail for me as I am totally blind but I
was involved in getting textured strips of tiles put down in the
refurbishment of Cork city centre. I used such strips down the centre of
pavements to run my long cane along until I met the next junction. The
network of strips was incomplete unfortunately so I had to free-wheel to the
left to pick up another safe crossing to carry on.
Another problem in Cork at that time was that every street had a different
architect designing it and some serious errors arose in design because of
this. There were months of so-called consultation with blind organisations
here but a lot of this was lip service.
Kind regards
Aedan.