[access-uk] Re: Accessible MP3 players

  • From: "kevin and emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:41:18 -0000

hi, i'm using an IRiver h120 player. basic functions are a breeze! i've not
had it long so haven't got into the complex settings, voice recorder,
equalisers etc. but it's all menu based, so would simply be the same process
as with most mobile phones, i.e. memorising them. there's a wired remot
control wich gives the easiest access via 2-way rocker switches.
what you have to watch out for in a lot of new players is the navigation
method. a lot more are using touch-sensative screens or scroll wheels. it
also depends on how much memory you want and how much you want to pay! mines
a 20GB hard disk player, which cost about £200.
kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers discussion list.
email/msn: kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx