[access-uk] Re: Accessible MP3 players

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:25:18 -0000

Hi Graham,

As I said in a previous message, but you already know about it, the Book
Courier is a great MP3 player.  But I also have the Archos 20GB Jukebox,
with the Rockbox software on it (http://www.rockbox.org).  The only problem
seems to me to be that there don't seem to be many MP3 players still
available, that can take the Rockbox software.  But what I want is an
accessible WMA player as well, since we do quite a bit of legal downloading,
but all of the legal downloads come with DRM (Digital Rights Management)
licensing, and are of necessity, in WmA format.  So my question would be,
does anyone know of an accessible music player that will not only play MP3,
but will also play .WMA files, which include DRM technology?  OK, there are
ways of converting WMA files to MP3, but all of the programs I have seen
that do it, reduce the quality, since they take output directly from the
soundcard, rather than taking the raw digital data.

Thanks for any thoughts on this one.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx