[access-uk] Re: Accessibility of Sky Plus

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 20:10:46 +0100

Hi Nige.

All I know about SKY Plus is what I see on the SKY commercial when I turn my
system on.  I have a little vision to recognise that the recorded material is
placed on a menu and you would arrow up and down to view these whenever you
wanted to.  As I am unable to read the text in these menus, I too would love to
have these spoken.  However, as you have said, we may be waiting years for this
technology.  I was thinking that if you had only recorded a handful of shows,
then they could be identified quickly enough by opening them as if to play.
Not sure how these programmes are titled though?  If for example, the user gets
the option to name them, then you could use Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc.
I must admit though, I do like the idea of being able to record two different
shows simultaneously while watching another recorded show or live broadcast.

Best wishes.  Andy