[access-uk] Re: Accessibility of Sky Plus

  • From: "Steve Hyde-Dryden" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 12:54:48 +0100

Hi Nigel,

Well, there is a few things I could say about this but suffice to say I've gone
down the same road as yourself.  I have also heard that sky are planning an
accessible version of accessing sky plus but like yourself, I basically hit
upon a brick wall.  I certainly know of people on this list who are involved
with trialing this system but of course, nothing has been forthcoming.  I do
believe though that there are a couple of systems being trialed.  One involves
communicating with your sky plus box via SMS and the other is via a web
interface.

Perhaps at some point we will learn more about this!

Steve