[access-uk] Re: Accessable family tree search website?

  • From: "Spring.flower" <spring.flower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 14:30:14 +0100

They're only seven from the local register offices.  What counties are you
interested in? chances are there's a website covering your counties of
interest where volunteers are transcribing the names etc from the volumes
held by the local offices and they use those refs, so if you find what you
want and send off to the register office for the cert[s] and give those refs
they can go right to the page and its usually brilliantly quick, I've had
loads off Lancs BMD.

Trace