[access-uk] Re: Access to reading materials.

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:46:02 -0000

Can I point you towards www.BooksBeforeWeDie.com

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Andy
Sent: 28 January 2005 00:05
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Access to reading materials.

Hi James.

Of course you are right, my boss would and will expect me to be up to
date
in my practice.  It's so difficult to identify good reading materials
when
you no longer frequent book shops.  I have a reading list though, which
one
of the list members sent me, so at least I'd have author and titles.  I
attempted to search for material on the net by typing in "Task Cantered
Casework" hoping to get a paper or article, but ending up with hundreds
of
links to professional book suppliers.  Unfortunately, I think you are
right
that the RNIB is my best option.  It's not too bad actually, because
these
days, we have systems to convert cassette recordings to mp3, enabling us
listen again on the move.

Best wishes.
Andy