[56raf_firebirds] Re: flak and footie

  • From: "klem56" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, silverwings.stickz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 22:59:45 +0100

Phoenix, looking forward to Sunday night and some cooler temps.

Colin, just had a nice couple of hours in the FA-18C on one of the aerobatics servers (Caucasus). From cold and dark, startup, taxi, takeoff. Tried to refuel at 30k but failed :(  Went to Stennis and pulled off deck landing first time. Hooked up ok for re-launch, flew back to Anapa and landed Bingo fuel. Carrier landing and relaunch seemed easier than off line. Nice relaxing evening.

cya up all

klem

http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS Sabertooth X58 mobo
i7 950 @ 3.8 GHz
16Gb DDR3 RAM 11-11-11-30
2 x EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked
128Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s
Windows 10 Home 64bit
3 x 27" AOC e2752vq @ 5900x1080 + 23" 2333HD @ 1920x1080
TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software
X52 HOTAS + X45 miscellaneous controls
CH Controls Manager

On 12/07/2018 18:15, 56RAF_phoenix wrote:

In the end I flew a couple of bomber missions on TAW (Boot you were on too, but we missed each other). I chose a round-about route to attack the factory in Kuchugury right on the Taman peninsula, flying a northern route for safety as I was alone.

Every now and them I'd put it on auto-level and go and see the football action, but the second half and extra time were painful, after the Croatian 2nd goal (by England cock-up) I gave up.

The cloud was fairly medium, maybe 3/8, but I sat in it and tried to level bomb from 2000m.

On the first sortie, just as I was about to drop the 88s blew a wing off. I managed to parachute to land rather than sea.

On the second sortie, I decided to drop all the bombs in one short stick, but was engaged by a fighter just after the drop. Again, I headed towards land and bailed over it, so saved my life.

In short, ONE factory building for 2 Pe-2s. In reality, 2 captured pilots.

But really not that bad for TAW on my own.

56RAF_phoenix