[56raf_firebirds] flak and footie

  • From: 56RAF_phoenix <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, silverwings.stickz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 18:15:25 +0100

In the end I flew a couple of bomber missions on TAW (Boot you were on too, but we missed each other). I chose a round-about route to attack the factory in Kuchugury right on the Taman peninsula, flying a northern route for safety as I was alone.

Every now and them I'd put it on auto-level and go and see the football action, but the second half and extra time were painful, after the Croatian 2nd goal (by England cock-up) I gave up.

The cloud was fairly medium, maybe 3/8, but I sat in it and tried to level bomb from 2000m.

On the first sortie, just as I was about to drop the 88s blew a wing off. I managed to parachute to land rather than sea.

On the second sortie, I decided to drop all the bombs in one short stick, but was engaged by a fighter just after the drop. Again, I headed towards land and bailed over it, so saved my life.

In short, ONE factory building for 2 Pe-2s. In reality, 2 captured pilots.

But really not that bad for TAW on my own.

56RAF_phoenix