[56raf_firebirds] Re: Last night 07/04

  • From: "tim foster" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "silverwings.stickz" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 20:13:05 +0100

On 08/04/2021 18:24, Joe Stronach (Redacted sender jstronach for DMARC) wrote:

Can I just say I hate strafing flak in this game? Had Cina not been shot down, I think we would probably have made it.

I dont agree with escorts strafing either. An A20 (far more so than a pe2) is very vulnerable to flak but I still think that using an escort attacking flak is not good. They cant watch out for us doing that and a russian plane doesnt have that ammo to waste. If we have enough escorts then a pair could be used to track across target fast to pull the flak attention and if they track between 3k and 4kft the 20mm will fire on them to get it off bombers. That way they can retain SA and speed and (should) get off target safely, just requires a bit of timing to get its attention first. The bombers then need to one pass for it, especially when seen its locations. Or one bomber drops and another goes for 20mm flak posts first but thatsa time consuming.

If we dont have enough escorts then bombers take their chances, come in from different angles.

Alternatively dropping from above 3kft usually is safe but suffers accuracy.

Travelling around target 2km out to align up is also bad - it just enables flak to lockup the lead as phoenix found out last week.

--
if you dont live life on the edge you are taking up too much space

https://www.avg.com