[24hoursupport] Re: cookies

  • From: yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 11:51:52 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Fuzzy Logic. That's great news.

New problem (persistent medium-old problem); about one month ago, I got a virus
through my dedicated sneak email 'sneakemail' address for 24hoursupport. I told
Ron, who said it is someone's infected computer spoofing 24hoursupport address
and attacking me.

I deactivated that sneakemail address for one month, and only reactivated it
last night to ask this question, and sure enough, the same virus, (I think it
was 'netsky'), tried to attack me again. Both times, AVG freeware stopped it.

So someone out there who is possibly a 24hoursupport member has this virus. I
use a separate dedicated sneakemail address exclusively for 24hoursupport,
which is the only way they could have got it. This paragraph is really for
their benefit.

As for myself, I will have to deactivate the old 24hoursupport sneakemail
address and create a new one and register it with 24hoursupport.

At least this way, my primary web-based email address, which the sneakemail one
is screening for, will be protected. That is the great thing about sneakemail,
endless free dedicated email addresses, one for each contact. If you get
spammed or attacked, you know where it is coming through and can kill that
address. Then create a new address, or shut em down permanently.

If I said how much sneakemail is per month, I suppose that would in itself be
spam, so I can't do that. But check em out if you like, at;

http://sneakemail.com/

It is a dedicated anti-spam email shunt service.

So my new dedicated 24hoursupport sneakemail address is to be;
gjacinz02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would appreciate it if the forum moderator/owner would please register this
address for membership.

The old one receiving virus attacks, is;
yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As soon as I can be notified that the new one has been activated, this one will
be deleted.

Thank you.

--- "Fuzzy Logic fuzzman-at-m-net.arbornet.org |24hoursupport/1.0-Allow|"
<57vphx3eg50t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The local names of cookies have nothing to do with what is actually sent
to the webserver.  You're safe.

Fuzzy
--
"Men may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do."
*Lewis Cass {1782-1866 American Politician}