[24hoursupport] Re: Sound loss

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jim Harris <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:00:31 -0500

Hello Jim,

The only thing I can think of offhand is that he clicked the icon for
the volume control and it set it to "mute". Have him click the icon
again, or right-click it and choose from the menu if that doesn't
work, and see if there is a check box or option for "mute" and if it
is selected. Or you can do this through control panel -- sound options
too. Unless he has something else going on that we just aren't aware
of, that seems like the best bet to me.

HTH,

Ron

Monday, July 14, 2003, 6:16:13 AM, you wrote:
JH> My brother- in -law who lives in Ft wayne IN has a problem. I copied his
letter below. He is running Win 2000 on about a 500 mhz gateway and I cannot
for the life of me figure out how removing
JH> any Icon would mute the sound. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate
it to hear from you. I know one cannot diagnose from across the street but I
live in Leitchfield KY and it's a long drive
JH> to his place........
JH> Dear Jim:  I did it again, pushed the wrong flashing icon on very bottom of
screen (where it says "start, Desktop etc all the way across the
bottom)-Because it was always blinking, I clicked it