[24hoursupport] Re: Rejected emails, although none sent!!!

  • From: "gangle" <gangletheglurd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 06:04:59 -0700

Yes, this could be a virus on your machine doing this.
Some viruses generate am SMTP engine and send
messages without your knowing it (nothing would appear
in the SENT folder).  Have you scanned with another
Anti-Viral program besides AVG?  Try this:

From: "Lene Pagsuguiron" <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi, something is weird with my other email address.  The other email address
> I use is part of a bunch of
fanlistings over the internet as well as a couple of yahoogroups.  I got 2
emails from a Mail Delivery System
that says I tried to send .exe and a .bat to 2 people (one of whom I know
personally).  I did not send any
files and I checked my sent folder to make sure.  If I did, I would not attach
a potential virus.  I have
Outlook, but I don't use it.  I did recently get hit with this virus called
vbs/redlof or something after an
AVG scan, but I deleted all my temp internet files and thought I was okay.  I
didn't think that the virus
would affect Internet mail, and I still don't.     I think either someone is
using my email address that they
lifted from the net through a website (fanlistings) or from a yahoogroup.  Here
is the link that shows the
headers and such, I didn't add the encoded stuff at the end:
http://www.msanthropickat.us/mail.txt  I don't
know if that helps any
>  , but I'm mystified by it.  The subject line says "Darling"?  I am going to
> look at the other email again
to see if there is anything that might help me figure this out.  Thanks for any
help!