[24hoursupport] Re: Missing address bar in IE5

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 23:23:13 -0800

Your are right. WinXP Home Edition comes with IE6. I also work with a computer
that has Win98SE and IE5. There appears to be a difference in the way the two
browsers operate. I have repeatedly tried View | Toolbars, uncheck and recheck
Address Bar as I had before asking for aid. The problem remains. I'm having no
luck trying to drag bars in the Toolbar and Standard Buttons area. I'm
beginning
to consider I may have a problem with Google. When I remove Google as my
starting page, the Address Bar appears once again in IE6.

PK

At 08:51 PM 12/9/02 -0800, you wrote:

>If you have XP then your browser is IE6. Try going to view>toolbars> make
>sure there is a check by address bar, if it is and you still don't see it
>then look to the right where it should be, click and drag what ever is there
>to the left. It could have gotten pushed off the screen. You can also try
>tools>reset web settings.
>

>Now hiring Independent Sales agents World wide. High commission please see
>www.seedsv.com for more info.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/