[24hoursupport] Re: Fw: Outlook on network

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:15:13 -0500

Bram,
First of all, getting Windows XP will NOT do anything to help share an
Outlook pst file on a peer to peer network.  The basic problem is that
Outlook will not allow a pst file to be shared.  It simply will not
work.  I have many branches within the company I work for that would
like to do the same type of thing so I have researched this in the past.
There are no free solutions that I have been able to find.  There are a
few good solutions though that should work.  In my opinion the workgroup
folders would probably work best within a peer to peer network.  You can
find that at:

http://www.workgroupfolders.com/

Another workable solution is at:

http://outlook.4team.biz/
This one is great if you have other members outside of the office on the
Internet.
I've tested this one about a year ago and it worked flawlessly.
Drawback is that you must use Outlook 2002 (XP)

Spider