[24hoursupport] Fw: Outlook on network

  • From: Bram <bramk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:29:58 +0200

Hi everyone. Need help please.

A client has 6 computers running on a peer-to-peer Windows network. Each
computer runs Windows 98 and they are a mix of Celeron 400 and Pentium 3 500.
The system works perfectly. One computer will be exchanged for a new Pentium 4
2.4GB. He has an ADSL external modem connected to one which is accessed by the
others and also works fine.

His problem is with Outlook. He wants to be able to share the Outlook on his
computer with all the others on the network, so they can see his appointments
etc. and has been told to do this he needs a seperate server running
Windows2000 Server plus an Exchange server program. I feel there has to be an
easier and cheaper way than investing in a server but don't know how.

Someone suggested putting Windows XP Pro on his new computer and this will do
the job but I'm not sure this is so and before getting him to spend money on a
new Windows I need to be sure this will work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Bram
Anglocom