[24hoursupport] Re: Computer keeps restarting

  • From: Douglas Oliver <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:57:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lene, it's often the case that when the computer shuts down randomly, the
power supply is dying. In fact, that's the most common cause of this behavior,
but there could be a number of other causes. Spider had some good questions.
Look for a pattern; if no pattern, look to power supply failure. You'll know if
that actually happens, because it has a distinctive stink when it finally burns
out.  -- d