[24hoursupport] Re: Computer keeps restarting

  • From: Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:24:13 -0700 (PDT)

Oh yeah, sorry ^^;;

-384 RAM 600Mhz P3
-WinXP Pro SP1
-Just reboots after like an hour.  I'm trying to let it rest now instead of
having it on continuously.
-Zonealarm
-AVG antivirus
-It happens randomly.  I've noticed it cuts out when I have WinMX or Kazaa
running. Even just winmx by itself, it restarts.
-I took out some usb devices like my scanner and webcam.  I only have my cable
modem and my ext hard drive connected.  i'll see how that turns out.

I'll be looking for another hd, just in case.  I'm trying to be careful about
adding removing hardware after i just took out my usb2 4 port pci card and my
computer started, saw the windows xp loading screen, then blank.  i put the
card back in and it's fine.  if anyone can tell me the correct way to remove
hardware so that xp doesn't have a fit, i'll be grateful.  thanks.

Spider <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lene,
You have not posted enough details. What operating system? Does your
pc just drop out and re-boot or does it shut down? When does it happen?
Is the PC in a re-boot loop? Does it happen while you are doing
something? What applications do you have open when it happens? What
anti-virus software are you using? Etc. etc etc. Give more info
please...

Spider