[openbeos] Re: terminal question

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:41:57 +0200 CEST

Hi Bruno,

"Bruno van Dooren" <bruno_van_dooren@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> will the OBOS terminal have configurable color schemes like with
> linux?

The original BeOS terminal already has configurable color schemes.
You'll find it in the menu under "Color..." - there you can set the
colors of the background, selected text, the cursor, ...

> the reason i ask is that although i still think that a system should
> be
> completely manageable by GUI,
> I have grown fond of vi. it really sucks to learn it, but once you
> know it
> it is powerful.
> however in BeOS the terminal is really really boring.

Depends on your needs - for me, the BeOS terminal is perfect (the only
addition that would make sense to me would be tabs) :-)

> it is sad that you need a terminal for it, but porting xvim seems a
> lot of
> work.

We already have our own terminal application. The authors of MuTerm has
graciously donated their terminal application to us, including a change
of the license.
Just have a look at it, if it suits your needs - if not, we can always
exhance it (but be sure to contact its maintainer about it).

Adios...
   Axel.