[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS driver question

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:45:57 +0200 CEST

Hi Bruno,

"Bruno van Dooren" <bruno_van_dooren@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> will the OBOS source tree be used for drivers also?

Absolutely. There already is a substantial amount of drivers in there.

> for the moment i use BeIDE projects for everything, but if drivers
> can be
> maintained in the source tree i will need to create JAM files.

Exactly - but of course, you can have still have your project files
locally if you prefer to use them. Just please don't put them into the
repository.

> for example the ps2 driver is still a .prj file, not a JAM file.

If you are unsure how to write a Jamfile, just commit the source
without any build files to the repository and ask our build guru/
meister/whatever to assist you.
If you don't know yet, Ingo is our all purpose guru, and he also
fulfills this position ;-)

Adios...
   Axel.