Re: [yoshimi-user] no sound generation

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 18:06:31 +0100

On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:33:08 +0100
Oliver Reynolds <oli_kester@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I've been using the virkbd to test - I'm getting no sound using it or
any other midi source. Stating the obvious is much appreciated in my case (!)
- but no, we're all connected up. It seems that yosh itself is not producing
sound internally - no matter which preset (if any) I select.

This problem still exists even when i install the older version from the
repositories, which is weird as I've installed that package many times and
never had any problems. As I've said, zyn works fine :-/

It might also be helpful to know that yoshimi has a bit of a think when it
starts up... Normally the window appears and I can start straight away, but
now it appears, is just about responsive, but causes my cursor to change to
"working", ie something is going on behind the scenes.

If any more information would be helpful let me know

Oliver

Well! You certainly don't bring as any boring problems. I've never seen this
behaviour myself!

First off, I'm concerned that fltk was reverted to 1.1. whereas you been
working with 1.3 up to now. This 'helper' must have been created by the debian
maintainer, and they tend to be very conservative and only use older packages.

Secondly, I'd be inclined to think that all the half successful attempts have
left cmake in an oddball state, so this is what I'd do:

first go into the the yoshimi/src directory and do "make clean". This not only
gets rid of all the compiled binaries, but also ensures that fltk will rebuild
the GUI files.

Next (and you need to do the "make clean" first) delete "CMake.Cache",
"Makefile" and the "CMakeFiles" directory.

With all that out of the way, I'm rather inclined to think you should reinstall
the fltk 1.3 dev package, unless it now would cause a considerable number of
other files to be stripped out.

Then start again with ccmake .

Hope this sorts it.

--