Re: [yoshimi-user] no sound generation

  • From: "Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "yoshimi-user" <yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 05:51:25 -0700

---- On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 00:09:18 -0700 Kristian
Amlie&lt;kristian@xxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote ----

On 13/04/14 15:21, oli_kester wrote:
&gt; The laptop (using now) is 32bit dual core Intel, 1GB ram, running Linux
&gt; Mint 15, lowlatency kernel. Onboard sound, so no special drivers as far
&gt; as I know. Not a fast computer - sampling at 48k, I have to ramp jack's
&gt; frames/period right up to 4096 to avoid xruns, could this be an issue??

I get audio distortion when I try to run Yoshimi at 4096 frames per
period, so this could definitely be the issue. I guess it wasn't
designed to run with that period size.

--
Kristian

Indeed that will be my theory, 4096 is much bigger than anything I've ever used.

J.E.B.

Jonathan E. Brickman
Ponderworthy Music | jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | (785)233-9977 |
http://ponderworthy.com