Re: [yoshimi-user] ccmake and mxml during install

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 20:15:35 +0100

On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 07:56:42 +0000
oli_kester <oli_kester@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the reply Will, and sorry for the delayed response. The issue with
mxml is now solved, but I still haven't succeeded in installing yoshi 1.2 :(

The process I'm following (and the results) are -

Untar archive
cd to src/
ccmake .
(GUI is now displayed with "EMPTY CACHE" at the top. I cannot modify any
settings that I'm aware of)
(to configure, gives -
"Boost_DIR *Boost_DIR-NOTFOUND"
"Boost_DIR: The directory containing a CMake configuration file for Boost."
I've tried setting the boost dir to ".../src" and ".../src/CMakeFiles" to no
avail. A pointer as to where the boost configuration is located would be
mighty helpful!)

cmake .
(following your advice, I decided to continue despite the error.
Does not throw any error messages.)

sudo make install
(works a while, then says -
"[ 82%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/yoshimi.dir/main.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable yoshimi
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg
make[2]: *** [yoshimi] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/yoshimi.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2"
...which I presume is caused by the previous error)
I've now attempted to install Yoshimi like this on two separate computers,
both giving me the same results (this one is running Linux Mint 15, which I
think is based on U12.04 - effectively the same OS as the other one). This
has lead me to believe that I might be doing something wrong; I get the same
results every time without fail.

Any suggestions would be fantastic!

Yours

Oliver

Hmm. That's all rather odd.

In ccmake, you sometimes have to press 'c' twice before 'g' becomes available.
I don't know what state the files will be left in if you've used 'q'. Also you
need to follow it with cmake .

I'm *far* from being an expert on cmake!

However, it looks like it is trying to find the jpeg library. Yoshimi doesn't
use any jpegs, but I guess one of the other libriaries has it as a dependency :(
In synaptic look for libjpeg with the -dev suffix. On my setup it's libjpeg8-dev

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk