Re: [yoshimi-user] MIDI control

  • From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 20:22:39 +0100

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 17:50:11 +0200
Kristian Amlie <kristian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If noone objects on the list I would take that as the guide. Personally
I have no problem requiring jack to compile Yoshimi; I couldn't imagine
using Yoshimi without it.

Good point! And I guess the packagers will simply follow the dependencies
anyway.

I'm still struggling trying to get my head round it all, but my current
thinking is to see if I can make the jack midi section sort of partially start
up for alsa midi so that the ring buffer etc. is active, but no jack midi
ports are opened. Not overly happy about this though. It seems rather a hack :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk