[Wittrs] Re: Original and derived intentionality

  • From: "c.moeller1" <cmoel888@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 00:19:37 -0000

Well said, Neil.

I might add that we (humans) are the causers, including causing
computers to be designed, to be built, and to be programmed, all by
original human intentions, which you may call intentionality. Any
so-called "intentionality" ascribed to inanimate objects such as
computers is merely that lent to them by means of our ingenuity.
Computers stand in for us (one might say, as referent-handlers) and do
our bidding by remote control.

Best regards,

Charlie

--snip--