[Wittrs] Re: What is Analysis?

  • From: "iro3isdx" <xznwrjnk-evca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 01:17:02 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "SWM" <SWMirsky@...> wrote:

> The convincing claim is that there is no grounds for doubting the
> order that involves stepping in front of a bus hurtling down upon
> us on a busy street.

I'm still not understanding why you use that as an example of order. To
me, a bus hurtling down the street seems to suggest disorder, not order.

> Is THAT human imposed order?

The bus is a human invention.  The bus did not pre-exist us. I'm puzzled
that you even think that a sensible question.

> Now we CAN imagine that the world is very different beyond what we
> can know but that doesn't mean that we are either right or wrong
> about THAT.

I can only repeat again, that I am not saying anything about the world.

Let me try a different explanation.  I am saying that order is an
intellectual construct.  Order is not made of matter.  And therefore it
is not human independent.

I'm puzzled that you find the idea so difficult.

It turns out that the English language is an intellectual construct, and
is not made of matter.  We know this from the fact that in France the
people speak French rather than English.  As far as I can tell, there
isn't any more difficulty for the French with buses hurtling down the
street than there is for the English.

Regards,
Neil