[Wittrs] Re: How the brain does C

  • From: "BruceD" <blroadies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 04:22:34 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "SWM" <SWMirsky@...> wrote:

> What I am getting at is answering the question of how brains do it.

Does consciousness, that is. If by "does", you mean the critical brain
parts, the sequence of the firing, and the chemistry of that moment, and
you want to discuss the same on this list, then copy/paste the latest.
I'd love to read it. But I rather doubt that these papers will even
mention Dualism. So your task, if you are up to it, is to show how these
neurological findings bear on the philosophical debate so dear to Searle
and Dennett.

bruce