[Wittrs] Re: When is "brain talk" really dualism? (nominalism, yet again)

  • From: kirby urner <kirby.urner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:47:12 -0700

> Normative English and the law of the sea Josh.  I hope you weather the
> storms nevertheless, even if you think in BASIC.
>
> Kirby

Note to orthographers:

I'd intended to say "Normative English ain't the law of the sea Josh",
the word "ain't" having been accepted into the veridical lexicon at
long last, by all the establishment dictionaries.  Then I muffed it,
although "and" does give the dichotomy I wanted, i.e. these are not
synonymous concepts by any means ("Normative English" and "law of the
sea").

Random autobio:

I just ordered a Netbook Starling, eating some car money, that'll come
with Ubuntu Jackalope pre-installed.  This will replace my Dell
Inspiron with that same operating system (motherboard failure, hard
drive still readable).

I do Python for a living some days of the year and need the
appropriate tools (all free and open source -- where many ethical
philosophers operate to this day e.g. Richard Stallman, probably one
of our best known, launched the GNU campaign, still going gangbusters
after all these years).

Kirby