[Wittrs] Re: When is "brain talk" really dualism? (nominalism, yet again)

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:37:51 -0700 (PDT)

... one of the things that I have always felt irritating about philosophy is
the false issues it creates by birthing schools of thought. Nominalism.
Idealism. Realism. Etc. If people would speak at the level of examples, there
would less in philosophy to disagree about (to the extent there is anything to
disagree about).

Josh, can you give me an example of "nominalism" in terms of behavior? What
would I need to do to be one, and what would make this any different than being
Catholic or a Steelers fan?

Regards.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor