[wisb] Re: suggestions for Bay Area birding

  • From: "Cutright.Noel" <Noel.Cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pgorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:49:56 -0500

http://www.cityofpaloalto.org/depts/csd/parks_and_open_space/preserves_a
nd_open_spaces/the_baylands.asp
there is some excellent birding here that you can do early morning or
later in afternoon after your other activities are over
for your one day birding, I would follow the coast south as far as
Monterey - there are several locations that can be checked along the
coast - this will avoid negotiating San Fran traffic also
there is a guide for Santa Cruz Co. at www.birding.travel
there is a brochure for the Central Coast Birding Trail - Monterey Co.
http://www.ca-ccbt.info/
Just hope it isn't too foggy - this is the first day that it has not
been foggy since I arrived here last Sunday

Noel Cutright, Ozaukee Co. but in Monterey Co. right now