[wisb] Wrens

  • From: Sandy Rueckert <sandyrueckert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Apple Inc." <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 13:49:20 -0500

For what it is worth, my back yard has less wren song, though I see a pair from
time to time. There usually are 2 or 3 pairs in it.
Also, last year Lakeview Park had 3 or more nesting bluebird pairs; this year I
am not seeing any when dog walking there. However, maybe I am just missing
them, and it seems as if they took down a house or two. Furthermore, judging
from my feeders, there is a bumper crop of house sparrows who now happily
consume seed they used to ignore, like safflower. I found my main mealworm
customers were starlings so I stopped feeding mealworms. Luckily, I do have
orioles nesting as well.
Sandy Rueckert
Middleton wi

Sent from my iPhone####################