[wisb] White-tailed Kite update

  • From: Mike Reese <mikereese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 20:07:17 -0500

We were parked on Apache Ave. approximately at the coordinates given in
the original post (44.199344,-89.667756). At 6:05 after nearly 7 hours
of the bird perching in the same tree north of Apache Ave. except for
4-5 short but successful hunting trips, the bird flew east then turned
and flew directly over our vehicles and landed north of Apache about
halfway between our cars and the intersection of County W and 5th Ave.
He was still perched there at 6:20 when we all left for the day.
I posted two photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29584874@N08/sets/72157636031185154/

Mike Reese
Wautoma, Waushara Co.