[wisb] Re: Whimbrel, others/Sheboygan,Ozaukee Counties

  • From: Eric Howe <wibirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 22:03:56 -0500

My friend and I were traveling back from up north and swung by North Point in
Sheboygan this evening. We weren't expecting to relocate the Whimbrel, however,
while she walked the shoreline east of the boat launch area (southeast of the
large algae area), I heard the distinct alarm calls of a Whimbrel. Soon after
alarm calls began the bird had flown a short distance, disappearing around the
corner of the vegetation. This was approximately 5:45pm.

Also present were 4 Sanderlings and a Baird's Sandpiper.

Eric Howe
Walworth Co.