[wisb] RFI - Upper Peninsula, MI

  • From: Chris Petherick <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: 'Wisconsin Birding Network' <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 21:23:13 -0500

Hello,

I'm going to be in the "tail of the dog" this week while all of you are
enjoying Jaegerfest.  I'm going to have a day in the Houghton/Hancock area
and would like to get some of the "northern" birds, if possible.  Any park
or hiking suggestions in that general area would be welcomed.  I hope to get
up to the Copper Harbor area and I see some "Hotspots" on eBird that I can
check out.  But any first hand suggestions would be great.  Thank you!!

My goal would be to get Gray Jays, Boreal Chickadees, Evening Grosbeak,
Sharp-Tailed and/or Spruce Grouse, Black-Backed WP (any/all of these would
be great!).

I'll also have a little bit of time (maybe an hour or two) as I drive up and
back to check out a spot that is pretty close to the route - will be taking
41 through Marinette to 2 back to 141 on the way up and then 141 all the way
on the way back.  Appreciate it!!!

Chris Petherick

Fox Point, Milwaukee County